Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Before & After's


Hi all, thought I would post a before and after and roughly what I did!! Would love to see everyone else's tricks!
Basically, I was playing around with 'Pioneer Woman's' actions (which incidentally are very cool!)
I firstly added a cooling action (cant remember what called sorry) that really added the blue tones you see. I then slightly pumped the saturation. After this I copied a layer and sharpened it a lot, with the intention of rubbing out just the area on the frond that you can see is sharpest. The last thing was a 'quick edge burn' action to lift the shot and make you further focus on the sharp frond!! Hope you like!! P.S this is Kate!!




2 comments:

DX said...

Nice work, really concentrates your attention to the sharp bit, it is all a bit green without it. Thanks for posting,a good use of this blog. To anyone who doesn't know what an action is or how to write/find them on them web, then why not ask people on the second thursday of the month.
Graham

patti said...

WOW Kate - I really like the finished edit - it has so much more impact but still looks natural. I have added a link to the pioneer woman's website on the blog - check out her cooking stuff too - yummmmm.